Monitoring and evaluation of criminal justice initiatives: A practice-based short course
This online short course for criminal justice practitioners will provide practical training and guidance on monitoring and evaluation in criminal justice settings. It is taught by experts from Birkbeck’s Institute for Crime & Justice Policy Research and research and development NGO the Centre for Justice Innovation.
What is the course about?
The course will equip attendees with knowledge about different aspects of monitoring and evaluation, including:
- Different approaches to monitoring and evaluation of criminal justice practice
- Methods of data collection and analysis
- Using & disseminating findings
- Supporting creative and innovative practice through monitoring & evaluation
Course attendees will also gain insights, confidence and new ideas relevant to their own practice from hearing about the experiences of others working in a range of criminal justice settings.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for criminal justice practitioners in statutory and non-statutory agencies. These include police officers and civilian staff, probation officers, Youth Offending Team workers, as well as staff and volunteers in criminal justice NGOs.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered over three weeks through two interactive, online teaching sessions and two follow-up online ‘clinics’. Participants will additionally be provided with access to a range of learning materials, including examples of evaluation reports, methodological and practice guidance and pre-recorded short lectures.
- This course will be held online
- Sessions will take place on:
- Wednesday 10th November. 15:30-17:30 (teaching session)
- Wednesday 17th November. 15:30-17:30 (teaching session)
- Wednesday 24th November. 13:30-15:00 (clinic)
- Thursday 25th November. 17:30-19:00 (clinic)
- The course fee is £250
- There are no specified entry requirements, beyond employment in a relevant profession (as specified above).
How do I sign up?
Registration for the course is now open. You can sign up through the Birkbeck website.